• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How close are you to the political centre?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close are you to the political centre?

From the BBC poll: BBC News - Election 2015: How close are you to the political centre?

Poll coming...
    0-5 (loony left)
    0.00%
    6-9
    27.78%
    10-14
    22.22%
    15-20
    27.78%
    21-23
    11.11%
    24-25 (radical right)
    11.11%
    AndyW is my centre
    0.00%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Poll fail - "A score of 5 is the furthest left" so you aren't going to get 0,1,2,3 or 4.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Your answers place you slightly to the right of the political centre in comparison with the rest of the population in 2014.
      You scored 14 out of 25

A score of 5 is the furthest left and 25 is the furthest right. Around a fifth of the population have similar views to you. You would have been close to the centre of the political spectrum from 2004-2007 and in 2010.

Comment

But you can get 5. I deliberately skewed the outliers to be smaller score ranges.

Comment

I voted disagree on all 5 questions and so got 20 out of 25.

:nazi:
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Didn't work the first time for me. I gave my answers and it gave me 25 :nazi:

I thought I'd be pretty central so did it again, same answers and got 12

Comment

They are inane and ridiculous questions:

Take this one

To what extent do you agree or disagree that government should redistribute income from the better-off to those who are less well off?

Agree strongly
              Agree
              Neither agree nor disagree
              Disagree
              Disagree strongly

The real question should include "how" wealth should be redistributed and under what terms. what responsibilities do recipients have in return for the handouts? Do we for instance write a blank cheque to a woman who has a child and leaves her husband because she realises she is a lesbian, leaves her job and gets the state to pay her living costs whilst she looks for another one? That within this contract is an absolute right for every woman to have and support a child irrespective of whether the world is under threat from an increasing population.

Where is the bit that gives us the option to stick people in a workhouse where they can help each other until they are self reliant enough to support themselves?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Quite far off.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  They are inane and ridiculous questions:

Take this one

To what extent do you agree or disagree that government should redistribute income from the better-off to those who are less well off?

Agree strongly
                  Agree
                  Neither agree nor disagree
                  Disagree
                  Disagree strongly

The real question should include "how" wealth should be redistributed and under what terms. what responsibilities do recipients have in return for the handouts? Do we for instance write a blank cheque to a woman who has a child and leaves her husband because she realises she is a lesbian, leaves her job and gets the state to pay her living costs whilst she looks for another one? That within this contract is an absolute right for every woman to have and support a child irrespective of whether the world is under threat from an increasing population.

Where is the bit that gives us the option to stick people in a workhouse where they can help each other until they are self reliant enough to support themselves?
                  Are you just cross because you scored <20?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Are you just cross because you scored <20?
                    Cynic
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X