• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tata for now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tata for now

Sharing this with my buddies on here because I am sad and only have online friends.

It was Grandad's funeral today. Been a really tough week agonising over the eulogy. But I was very happy with the end product, and that once I had figured out that the eulogy should be written in a style that reflected his personality it all clicked together.

While reading the eulogy I was very nervous. Probably more nervous about letting Grandad down by being a girl and having a blubout.

So I focussed intently on the eulogy, and the mourners. And it went ok.

When we left the chapel, all the mourners shook my hand, and passed on their condolences. With their condolences was a tremendous sense of disbelief. Everyone was kind of spooked. During the service the lights were on and not flickering. During the eulogy part only, the light above the coffin flickered continuously. The moment I finished the eulogy they stopped.

Everyone noticed (apart from me, although now I think back I can recall blocking it out as an annoyance).

He always said to me when he got the the other side he would let me know he was ok and that there was something there on the other side.

Now I'm not a one for believing ghost stories or tales of the paranormal, but given what happened I would have to say it was weird.

Also having a funeral ceremony during an eclipse is quite nice.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Perhaps it was all of the EM interference from everyone checking their emails/facebook while you were reading your eulogy?

Seriously though, sorry about your grandad - but on the positive side, I assume he must have had a good innings if you've got several kids of your own.

Comment

frenchie free
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm sure he had a good journey

Manly ->

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          During the eulogy part only, the light above the coffin flickered continuously.

He always said to me when he got the the other side he would let me know ..
          He's reminding you to replace the 40 Watt bulb in his potting shed.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Could be worse. My wedding should have been conducted by my uncle, a very traditional CofE vicar who didn't accept woman priests. He unfortunately died between when we asked him and the wedding so Mrs Eek's vicar conducted the service.

At the time of our wedding she was the most senior women in the church of England (Arch deacon so basically the top level below bishop).

And the day was perfect, early September full on sunshine but not stupidly hot.....

Except for the almighty 2 minute thunderstorm just as we took our vows....
            Last edited by eek; 20 March 2015, 15:44.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Wassup?

Can't you read morse code or what?
              Bet it was summat really important too. Like he's just remembered where he buried that nazi gold he found.

Sorry about grandad suity, suity. Hope it's a weight off your shoulders now

Comment

From the title of this thread I thought you'd got a contract with an Indian consultancy.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Had one of those. With the eponymous consultancy.

It was a learning experience. And not in any way positive.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

we used to get £5 a go for making low moany noises outside the crem. flicking the light switch was an extra quid
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X