• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jim Murphy failed shocker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Murphy failed shocker

ICM poll: Labour faces wipeout in Scotland after new leader fails to dent SNP support | Politics | The Guardian

Looks like SNP will still hold the balance of power.

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    The depressing thing is that I just don't know who to vote for.

Thought about UKIP but I've decided I'm not actually anti-Europe that much. All these ridiculous pc bits of legislation that people like to blame on Europe would still happen even if we weren't in the eu. Being in the EU allows our MPs to use the weasel words "it's all out of our control" - very convenient for them really....

Besides, I read somewhere the other day that Nige wants to forge links with commonwealth countries like Canada, NZ and.... India; he doesn't think Indians have fair access to our job market. My God, if there's that many in IT jobs when they haven't got a fair crack of the whip then what would it be like when we're welcoming them with open arms?

Nope. It looks horribly like I'll be doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do and vote for the least bad option again....

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      Betfair betting exchange, Mon 23 March 2015:

Labour: 273
      Conservative: 277
      Scottish National Party: 43
      Liberal Democrats: 30
      UKIP: 3
      Others: 24

Winning Post: 326

Next Parliament..
      Con minority: 3.95/1
      Lab minority: 3.8/1

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
        Betfair betting exchange, Mon 23 March 2015:

Labour: 273
        Conservative: 277
        Scottish National Party: 43
        Liberal Democrats: 30
        UKIP: 3
        Others: 24

Winning Post: 326

Next Parliament..
        Con minority: 3.95/1
        Lab minority: 3.8/1
        Based on that Tories/UKIP/Libdems still not enough (310) would need most of the others to form a majority. Whereas Labour/Libs/SNP is (346) enough.

Comment

I don't think there's any length Murphy would stop at to win votes. He's only interested in spending money we don't have. Listening to him on the radio the other day I could cringe, same old labour rhetoric aimed appeasing voters as if they're all toiling in the shipyard.

Whatever / whoever it is they're standing for they don't live in Scotland anymore.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I don't think there's any length Murphy would stop at to win votes. He's only interested in spending money we don't have. Listening to him on the radio the other day I could cringe, same old labour rhetoric aimed appeasing voters as if they're all toiling in the shipyard.

Whatever / whoever it is they're standing for they don't live in Scotland anymore.
            He is still peddling the myth that the largest party form the government as fact. No-one on the BBC will challenge him on that.

Comment

Working...
            X