• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to stop fare dodging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to stop fare dodging

Another one caught linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

The Australian-born lawyer was cautioned for an identical offence in 2010
    What a bonehead!

Ok, trains are stupid prices for meh service, but there's being a bit sharp and then there's taking the piss

Comment

Seems fare.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

He should've seen the signal to stop in 2010. Now his whole career is at risk of going off the rails.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Make the maximum fare if you don't tap out £25 and this will soon stop
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Make the maximum fare if you don't tap out £25 and this will soon stop
            Still wouldn't work.

Someone will still work out £25 is cheaper than tapping out.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              He should've seen the signal to stop in 2010. Now his whole career is at risk of going off the rails.
              I'd say it's already hit the buffers.

Comment

Sounds like epic greed and stupidity, given that recent fare dodging case!

OH in "they just don't think they'll ever be caught" mode
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

As two fare dodgers have recently been caught, would it be reasonable to conjecture that the rail companies have started using some kind of new face recognition technology to determine who gets on the train where?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    As two fare dodgers have recently been caught, would it be reasonable to conjecture that the rail companies have started using some kind of new face recognition technology to determine who gets on the train where?
                    You can register your oyster card and get a print out of your journeys.
                    Even if you don't register it's not really hard for TFL and the train companies to work out which oyster cards keep having incomplete journeys, their times of travel and the station they use but doesn't phone up to try and get the money back.

So if you have a few people using particular timed trains at particular stations doing that you just target those stations.

Comment

Working...
                    X