• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I gave up looking for work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I gave up looking for work

Interesting post on LinkedIn, but I think is should have been "Why I gave up looking for a job"

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i...-article-title

2. Because recruiters suck

Sorry. They just do. Recruiters are the least professional, worst trained, most inside-the-box people anywhere in business. No arrangement outside marriage needs a closer personal relationship... yet no industry fails more consistently to provide one.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

3. Because I'm a working stiff (BoS I think) not a Thought Leader.
    WHS.

This is what really p1sses me off about LinkedIn. There is no shame in being a contractor who is good at your job.

I like this chap.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      This is what really p1sses me off about LinkedIn. There is no shame in being a contractor who is good at your job.
      Can't agree strongly enough. Some of us just want to do some work, not pontificate about utterly pointless tripe while riding penny farthings, sporting hipster beards and blowing bubbles from a bubble pipe. See also: any Steve Bong article on the Register..

Comment

I thought it was going to say "I gave up work because my house earns more than it do".

Comment

Seems on the ball to me. Promote yourself, your skills, what it is you do, not what you think you do or what you'd like to be.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There's only one thing that would make me give up looking for work, Camelot.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              There's only one thing that would make me give up looking for work, Camelot.
              Silly place.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Will any of you be buying his book?

100 DAYS, 100 GRAND- be earning six figures as a freelancer... 100 days from today!
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  What for, that's me day rate.

HTH Sas
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    it says "A seasoned traveller, he’s explored over 60 countries by bus and backpack"
                    Not sounding like someone who's on a grand a day then?
                    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X