• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent asking for NI number before next payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent asking for NI number before next payment

Got this email, should I tell them to shove it?

Dear Unix

You may be aware from recent news alerts and/or information from REC and HMRC that new reporting requirements are being introduced from 6th April 2015, with fines attached for non-compliance. Please find further guidance on this as provided by REC and HMRC.

The impact of this for you is that we require all active contractors to provide us with their National Insurance number before we can make payment on or after the 6 April 2015.

If you are not required to hold a National Insurance number because you fall within the HMRC list of exemptions, we still require you to complete the form below.

Please provide the information on the following link:

Agency will obviously ensure this data is held securely and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any concerns please talk to your regular Agency contact or the CMS helpdesk.

Kind regards
    Agency Contractor Compliance.

Originally posted by Unix View Post

Dear Unix

You may be aware from recent news alerts and/or information from REC and HMRC that new reporting requirements are being introduced from 6th April 2015, with fines attached for non-compliance. Please find further guidance on this as provided by REC and HMRC.

The impact of this for you is that we require all active contractors to provide us with their National Insurance number before we can make payment on or after the 6 April 2015.

If you are not required to hold a National Insurance number because you fall within the HMRC list of exemptions, we still require you to complete the form below.

Agency will obviously ensure this data is held securely and we thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any concerns please talk to your regular Agency contact or the CMS helpdesk.

Kind regards
    They already have it anyway. And they can use other personal data instead if they don't (according to HMRC). But it is legit.

They don't need your UTR though. Mine asked for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post

Dear Unix

Kind regards
      Strange as you are company supplying services to them then this is a moot point...

are they asking their stationary supplier for their NI numbers before they can pay them??

Unless they pay you PAYE your NI number is not their concern.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Strange as you are company supplying services to them then this is a moot point...

are they asking their stationary supplier for their NI numbers before they can pay them??

This has been discussed to death in the Professional forums already. Yes, it is their concern.

Comment

You need to read up on these regulations then - As of April 6th it is their concern as HMRC have made it their concern...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            This has been discussed to death in the Professional forums already. Yes, it is their concern.
            Oh right what about right of substitution?

Does your co have to supply the agency with the NI number of that employee of your company?

Comment

Oh right what about right of substitution?

Does your co have to supply the agency with the NI number of that employee of your company?
              You have to supply the agency yours too.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You need to read up on these regulations then - As of April 6th it is their concern as HMRC have made it their concern...
                Oh right I see must keep up!

I am struggling with logic of asking a company for an NI number though....

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  You have to supply the agency yours too.
                  So lets say me n the missus run the company do they want both our NI numbers?

Comment

Oh right I see must keep up!

I am struggling with logic of asking a company for an NI number though....
                    Lol. In the OPs post (right at the top):

Comment

Working...
                    X