• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Croatia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croatia

Has anyone driven around Croatia ? any tips or travel advice ?

It's my first proper break for 18 months and I'm desperate. talk about cabin fever.

driving from Manchester to Munich on day 1, then through Slovenia to Zagreb on day 2

I aim to get some winter picture postcards photos in Austria, maybe stay in the mountains for a week on the way back home

vroom vroom
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

It's my first proper break for 18 months and I'm desperate. talk about cabin fever.

driving from Manchester to Munich on day 1, then through Slovenia to Zagreb on day 2

I aim to get some winter picture postcards photos in Austria, maybe stay in the mountains for a week on the way back home

vroom vroom
    Relatively safe roads and drivers are very considerate. You tend to get Italian drivers in the north, though they are relatively harmless.

I normally tend to stay near Split. If you have time, I'd suggest driving down to Gradac. Excellent beaches (naturist ones too!! ) and great food.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Relatively safe roads and drivers are very considerate. You tend to get Italian drivers in the north, though they are relatively harmless.

I normally tend to stay near Split. If you have time, I'd suggest driving down to Gradac. Excellent beaches (naturist ones too!! ) and great food.
      Gradac - great.
      I have the final planning meeting with mrs EO in the pub in the Trafford centre in 25 mins. will look at Gradac
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

driving from Manchester to Munich on day 1,
        That's serious mileage in a day - I did Manchester > Genoa in my yoof but was nodding off by Karlruhe so had to stop

You doing solo driving or sharing?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          That's serious mileage in a day - I did Manchester > Genoa in my yoof but was nodding off by Karlruhe so had to stop

You doing solo driving or sharing?
          solo, but I have done a lot. I'll get an hours kip on the boat, then its 600m to munich. thats about 9 hours.

I'll post my piccies on here.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

solo, but I have done a lot. I'll get an hours kip on the boat, then its 600m to munich. thats about 9 hours.

I'll post my piccies on here.
            Please do, when I read the OP I admit it sounded like a good trip, I really need to get some time off myself so the cabin fever comment is ringing a big bell.

Comment

I did pretty much this back in 2012 (although starting in London) we also made it to Munich in a single day, but it took about 14 hours from Calais due to traffic!

I can recommend the Plitvic Lakes if you're looking at going inland or pretty much anywhere down the Dalmatia coast.

One area I'd skip if we went again would be the Istria region, its relatively built up and there are much better places to visit further south

Have a good one!

Comment

The word "daunting" doesn't begin to do that drive justice. Take care, man. You'll be throwing up through fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by slatt View Post
                  I did pretty much this back in 2012 (although starting in London) we also made it to Munich in a single day, but it took about 14 hours from Calais due to traffic!

I can recommend the Plitvic Lakes if you're looking at going inland or pretty much anywhere down the Dalmatia coast.

One area I'd skip if we went again would be the Istria region, its relatively built up and there are much better places to visit further south

Have a good one!
                  14 Hours! good ho.
                  I can do that, provided there is a beer and steak and chips at the end
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

vroom vroom
                    I remember my parents never wanting to go in the days of the old Yugoslavia because it was full of German nudists.

Then the war came.

Don't know if the naturists have since returned to that part of the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X