• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Muslims Not To Vote In The General Election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Muslims Not To Vote In The General Election

So what does the panel think about this?

Anjem Choudary Is Now Trying To Convince British Muslims Not To Vote In The General Election

Anjem Choudary Is Now Trying To Convince British Muslims Not To Vote In The General Election

youtube.com
    The group believes that voting is a sin in Islam and that Muslims should advocate Shariah – a system in which the state is governed by laws set out in the Qur’an.

The groups is fronted by an extremist British preacher called Anjem Choudary.

The groups is fronted by an extremist British preacher called Anjem Choudary.
    Leon Neal / Getty Images

The controversial preacher has been the public face of a number of banned groups in the UK, including al Muhajiroon, Muslims Against Crusades and Islam4UK.

A former solicitor, Choudary has been accused of condoning and encouraging terrorist activity, and has voiced his support for ISIS.

A number of his followers have also been involved in terrorist activity, including Michael Adebolajo, who in 2013 killed the British soldier Lee Rigby. More recently, Siddhartha Dhar, a student of Choudary’s, left the UK while on bail to join ISIS.

While Choudary is well known in the UK media, he remains a fringe figure in British Islam, and many established imams have condemned his provocative remarks and actions.

Using the hashtag #StayMuslimDontVote, his new group is attempting to reach young Muslims on social media.

youtube.com
    Supporters of the campaign have also released videos on YouTube, warning of the “dangers of voting” in the election. Some videos express the virtues of Shariah, and claim that “man-made laws” lead to corruption and greed.

Like most of Choudary’s other groups, his followers usually preach in busy town centres around the country.

youtube.com

Rahman, who also goes by the name Abu Baraa, said: “It’s a duty in Islam to uphold Tawheed (monotheism), and in Islam, we believe it is our duty to enjoin the good and forbid the evil.

“Democracy is a form of worshipping people rather than Allah, so it is a duty for Muslims to reject this system.”

When asked about criticisms of the campaign – including the fact that Muslims not voting might encourage political parties to advocate anti-Islamic policies – he said: “The problem is that we already have a government that is pushing through anti-Muslim policies.”

He added that a change in government would not help British Muslims: “We want a good government, and that’s why we want to replace man-made laws with the Shariah.”

Imam Ghulam Rasool from ImamsOnline said that participating in elections was the “mainstream view of British Muslims”.

Rasool admitted that “voting is a sensitive issue” in some parts of the Muslim community, because it is not an explicitly Islamic concept.

“However,” he added, “the way the scholars look at it is that it’s about fixing your communities – so the general view is that it’s important to get involved, fight for your rights and help your community.

“Groups like the Muslim Action Forum also participate by engaging with MPs to tackle anti-Muslim hatred, and we work with MPs on issues to do with Islamophobia and incitement of hate toward Muslims.”

Rasool also said that Choudary’s group “believe that you can only trust Muslims to govern”, adding that they were “conservative and inward-looking”.
    =
    He added that the group were “intolerant of co-religionism”.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by Anjem Chourary
    Democracy is a form of worshipping people rather than Allah
    He's really not been paying attention, has he?

Comment

I keep hearing about South American football players called jesus something or other.

If that's allowed, why doesn't some Brit politician change his name by deed poll to Allah ? he'd be prime minister for life.

Jeremy Paxman - 'So tell me Nigel Allah, since you became PM with 290 seats, when do you plan to leave the EU ?'
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I keep hearing about South American football players called jesus something or other.

If that's allowed, why doesn't some Brit politician change his name by deed poll to Allah ? he'd be prime minister for life.

Jeremy Paxman - 'So tell me Nigel Allah, since you became PM with 290 seats, when do you plan to leave the EU ?'
        I'm confused about the rules, wouldn't that result in Nigel being stoned to death? Best to stick with Mohammed to be on the safe side, that seems to be widely encouraged.

Comment

Unless he went with Nigel Al-Argh? That might work.

Comment

Does that mean there would be no MP for Halifax, Huddersfield and Bradford ?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

C U Next Thursday... Choudary
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

If Ian Paisley was still alive and said people of his faith shouldn't vote, would it be reasonable to present that as "British Christians Not To Vote"? No, because it would just be the rantings of some firebrand whose views were completely unrepresentative of the overwhelming majority of British Christians; and so it is in this case, just with a different religion (though, of course, the same God).

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Does that mean there would be no MP for Halifax, Huddersfield and Bradford ?
                  No, but it would mean the honourable member would be elected with a turnout that would make Len McClusky blush.

And maybe Labour would have 3 fewer seats?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If Ian Paisley was still alive and said people of his faith shouldn't vote, would it be reasonable to present that as "British Christians Not To Vote"? No, because it would just be the rantings of some firebrand whose views were completely unrepresentative of the overwhelming majority of British Christians; and so it is in this case, just with a different religion (though, of course, the same God).

Ah well there you go. now you are getting close.
                    Paisley was 'our' nutter

we don't want some outside nutter coming in telling us nutty things
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X