• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chess

Anyone have a rating?

I got fairly good for a period when I lived with someone with a 2050 rating. Nephew has a 2080 rating.

Online I am 1670 although I was 1703 until recently.

If you want to play I am on GameKnot.com - send me a challenge. Old Greg is on there too, he is pretty good!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I used to have a FIDE rating of 2415, down slightly now....
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
        I used to have a FIDE rating of 2415, down slightly now....
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I've never really played. Is there anywhere online where one can learn the game? Or is it better to get some software? Probably best of all to have someone teach me but I don't know anyone that plays.

Comment

I used to be pretty good as a kid - played for my county once - but never got rates. When I've tried playing as an adult, it's incredibly frustrating because I can remember how easy it used to be, but it's like my brain is full of fog. Unpleasant.

Can you play an AI online and get a rough idea of your ranking, or anything?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Can you play an AI online and get a rough idea of your ranking, or anything?

Yes. Various strength computers on chess.com to test your level against.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I used to be pretty good as a kid - played for my county once - but never got rates. When I've tried playing as an adult, it's incredibly frustrating because I can remember how easy it used to be, but it's like my brain is full of fog. Unpleasant.
                WHS +1. I could have written exactly the same...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  I've never really played. Is there anywhere online where one can learn the game? Or is it better to get some software? Probably best of all to have someone teach me but I don't know anyone that plays.
                  I am a good player

Comment

From The Automated Chess Rating Utility

Your estimated Elo rating is 1525
                    However I don't really have any idea what that means (let alone how accurate that little test is) as I know absolutely nothing about chess ratings. Is this the standard system or is FIDE different?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X