• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children drinking booze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children drinking booze

I see this is making news again with respect to children drinking alcohol.

The law is 18, I'm thinking 14/15 would be a reasonable age?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Depends what they are doing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Have you been giving the kids Jesus juice again?

Comment

We can all read your motives.

Comment

The law is not 18, it is only 18 for buying alcohol! The legal UK drinking age is actually five
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            The law is not 18, it is only 18 for buying alcohol! The legal UK drinking age is actually five

Excellent. Just like your mental age.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Excellent. Just like your mental age.
              To be fair if I didn't start drinking at 5 I might be as smart as you, no hang on BECAUSE I started drinking at 5 I am as smart as you
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

reduce alcohol abuse by lifting the ban on children in the pub

It was a pub/restaurant last I was in Winchester and we were told we'd have to look elsewhere by 5pm. So archaic feeling. We've just become so used to sitting in a beer garden or public house with the kids we don't think twice about it now until we're caught out during a return trip to the UK. And that gets me thinking, you know I'd think we'd reduce alcohol abuse amongst the youngsters if the taboo status to drinking were not given in the first place.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  To be fair if I didn't start drinking at 5 I might be as smart as you, no hang on BECAUSE I started drinking at 5 I am ten times as smart as you
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    It was a pub/restaurant last I was in Winchester and we were told we'd have to look elsewhere by 5pm. So archaic feeling. We've just become so used to sitting in a beer garden or public house with the kids we don't think twice about it now until we're caught out during a return trip to the UK. And that gets me thinking, you know I'd think we'd reduce alcohol abuse amongst the youngsters if the taboo status to drinking were not given in the first place.
                    Most places near us stop allowing children at about 7.30 to 8

Not so much due to the booze but more because it stops the chav scum sitting getting pissed all day and night while their kids generally do what they want and piss off other punters.

Comment

Working...
                    X