• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you like your MOBOS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like your MOBOS?

No, not motherboards, but the annual celebration of Music Of Black Origin awards.

Hooray for diversity!

I hope they televise the Black Police Officers Association annual gatherings, we could celebrate them, too.

It would highlight how 'racists' judge people by the colour of their skin.
    Vieze Oude Man

Or because their music is crap. Black music has gone seriously downhill. Whatever happened to the Likes of Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Big Bill Boonzy and co?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Drive by shootings perhaps....?
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        Whatever happened to the Likes of Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Big Bill Boonzy and co?
        Dead.

PS. It's Broonzy
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Yeah agree who buys this tulip ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
            Yeah agree who buys this tulip ?
            Your not down with the kids

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
              Your not down with the kids

thankfully !

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                Or because their music is crap. Black music has gone seriously downhill. Whatever happened to the Likes of Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Big Bill Boonzy and co?
                They evolved ...

In their day they weren't much liked by older white people either, now they're looked back on with respect. I'd agree with the downhill part though, black music is a bit stagnant these days, for me anyway. Not a big fan of R&B and hip-hop kind of took a wrong turn somewhere ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                  They evolved ...

In their day they weren't much liked by older white people either, now they're looked back on with respect. I'd agree with the downhill part though, black music is a bit stagnant these days, for me anyway. Not a big fan of R&B and hip-hop kind of took a wrong turn somewhere ...
                  Haven't really heard any hip hop i've really liked since the early 90s. R&B just leaves me cold

edit: Actually i forgot I bought the new Public Enemy album last week and its pretty dam good
                  Last edited by Torran; 21 September 2006, 08:25.

Comment

Its a bit of a farce, Music Of Black Origin, doesn't nearly all music nowadays have its origins in black music? There has been a lot of criticism of it in the past and is slowly losing credibility. Now how about Music Of British Origin?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X