• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spam received "HMRC Masterstroke"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam received "HMRC Masterstroke"

Received this in my spam folder last night

" While HMRC has been letting Google, Amazon, Apple, Tesco and 100’s of companies get away with avoiding paying taxes on billions of pounds worth of profits. They have been quietly plotting the biggest master stroke in their history.
    This master stroke is so brilliant it will affect almost every contractor like you.
    From April 1st 2015 the biggest legislative change in the contractor marketplace will happen and it's no laughing matter.
    From April 1st every recruitment company that engages with contractors will have to report directly to HMRC supplying them with information about you and your contract details under the disguised self employment regulations.
    This include your personal details, national insurance number, end user client details and how much they paid you; what's more is they will have to retain this information and continue reporting on it for 12 months, even after your assignment ends.
    Now I'm sure you're thinking “so what” but stick with me this is huge!
    Say you're using a limited company to manage your contract and taking a small salary and the rest in dividends to reduce your tax exposure. In the past this was what agencies and accountants recommended you do. For April 1st this is the fast track to get a ir35 investigation.
    HMRC has set clear triggers in their reporting to identify who is using a Ltd Co to manage their contract and, let’s be honest, there isn’t a contractor out there that will pass a IR35 audit no matter how “friendly” their contract is.

If you ask me, they won’t need IR35 anymore; under the new Disguised Self-Employment regs HMRC will assume their is some form of Supervision, Direction or Control in your chain (and believe me, it’s up to you to prove their isn’t) which allow them to reclassify you as “employed” anyway. IR35 will just be used as an additional tool to apply to your self-assessment.
    HMRC won’t be happy until every contractor is paying PAYE and the reporting sets out to catch all those that aren’t.
    But there is a way to give HMRC what they want and remove you from all the honey traps in place. It’s not for everyone, in fact we are proud to that we turn away more people than we work with; take you OUT OF SELF-ASSESSMENT and Hide you in full view!

We want to leave you with one point to consider, No matter how the media, government and public condemn the actions of google, amazon and the others they’re working to provide the best returns for their shareholders and employees. Part of that is to pay the least amount of tax within the current legislation. This is how they continue to get away with paying what they pay.
    Until now this knowledge and expertise has been outside of the reach of the contractor marketplace.
    The time to take action is now after the first of April it will be too late.
    Talk to us today before it's too late "

This is just a crock of "tulip" right?
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Originally posted by flamel View Post
    Received this in my spam folder last night

" While HMRC has been letting Google, Amazon, Apple, Tesco and 100’s of companies get away with avoiding paying taxes on billions of pounds worth of profits. They have been quietly plotting the biggest master stroke in their history.
    This master stroke is so brilliant it will affect almost every contractor like you.
    From April 1st 2015 the biggest legislative change in the contractor marketplace will happen and it's no laughing matter.
    From April 1st every recruitment company that engages with contractors will have to report directly to HMRC supplying them with information about you and your contract details under the disguised self employment regulations.
    This include your personal details, national insurance number, end user client details and how much they paid you; what's more is they will have to retain this information and continue reporting on it for 12 months, even after your assignment ends.
    Now I'm sure you're thinking “so what” but stick with me this is huge!
    Say you're using a limited company to manage your contract and taking a small salary and the rest in dividends to reduce your tax exposure. In the past this was what agencies and accountants recommended you do. For April 1st this is the fast track to get a ir35 investigation.
    HMRC has set clear triggers in their reporting to identify who is using a Ltd Co to manage their contract and, let’s be honest, there isn’t a contractor out there that will pass a IR35 audit no matter how “friendly” their contract is.

If you ask me, they won’t need IR35 anymore; under the new Disguised Self-Employment regs HMRC will assume their is some form of Supervision, Direction or Control in your chain (and believe me, it’s up to you to prove their isn’t) which allow them to reclassify you as “employed” anyway. IR35 will just be used as an additional tool to apply to your self-assessment.
    HMRC won’t be happy until every contractor is paying PAYE and the reporting sets out to catch all those that aren’t.
    But there is a way to give HMRC what they want and remove you from all the honey traps in place. It’s not for everyone, in fact we are proud to that we turn away more people than we work with; take you OUT OF SELF-ASSESSMENT and Hide you in full view!

We want to leave you with one point to consider, No matter how the media, government and public condemn the actions of google, amazon and the others they’re working to provide the best returns for their shareholders and employees. Part of that is to pay the least amount of tax within the current legislation. This is how they continue to get away with paying what they pay.
    Until now this knowledge and expertise has been outside of the reach of the contractor marketplace.
    The time to take action is now after the first of April it will be too late.
    Talk to us today before it's too late "

This is just a crock of "tulip" right?
    Been covered previously

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...r35-audit.html

General consensus is that the spam folder is the right place for it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

take you OUT OF SELF-ASSESSMENT and Hide you in full view!
      I note a lack of detail on what they actually do or how they do it but the above section is interesting as I am unsure as to how they plan to do this!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Been covered previously

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...r35-audit.html

General consensus is that the spam folder is the right place for it.
        OK thanks - how do I delete the thread which I posted in haste?

Comment

You can't, I'm afraid. You have to wait for NLUK to come around and ask if you've tried searching the forums

Comment

You can't. It remains here forever to remind you of your shame.

Comment

As soon as it said 'this is brilliant' I moved on. The wording of these things often give them away.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can't. It remains here forever to remind you of your shame.
                Oh good - normally I only come to CUK for abuse or to be ignored so this will work well

Comment

Oh good - normally I only come to CUK for abuse or to be ignored so this will work well
                  Come over to TPD, we're nice over there.

Comment

Come over to TPD, we're nice over there.
                    WTF is TPD?

Comment

Working...
                    X