• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Masters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Masters

Masters week next week....

Wonder if Woods is going to show? - can't believe this but he is now 104th in the world, 104th!

Bloke's got serious issues most of which have been well documented. I think his main barrier now is another psychological one - the arrival of Mc Ilroy on the scene. He's potentially another Tiger and Woods knows it & he's no longer the big star in a field of journey men as he has been for the past 20 years or so. With some, this would spur them on but not with Woods, or so it would seem.
    Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 31 March 2015, 08:51.

Hi Pachers, Gricer, FLC, etc

No more tales from the wild bean cafe?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Damn, beat me to it.

No-one else posts pointless bollocks quite like that.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Damn, beat me to it.

No-one else posts pointless bollocks quite like that.
        Ok, so all those other sporting threads about F1, football, cricket, rugby are pointless bollocks too?

You may not like golf but I think it's perfectly valid to talk about one of the year's biggest sporting events and the participation of that sport's biggest star in said event.

But there you go....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          Ok, so all those other sporting threads about F1, football, cricket, rugby are pointless bollocks too?
          Yes.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

You forgot AtW
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Woods is finished, once you lose the psychology in golf for so long you never recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                Woods is finished, once you lose the psychology in golf for so long you never recover.
                What about Nicklaus winning the Masters in '86 at 46?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  What about Nicklaus winning the Masters in '86 at 46?
                  Hi Gumbo!

Yes, Jack was a lesson to us all about writing old guys off. And a few years earlier I believe Hale Irwin came back at 45 to win his third major, 20 years after his second.

But Woods is in far worse form than those two were.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Hi Gumbo!

Yes, Jack was a lesson to us all about writing old guys off. And a few years earlier I believe Hale Irwin came back at 45 to win his third major, 20 years after his second.

But Woods is in far worse form than those two were.
                    Right on cue

Comment

Working...
                    X