• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve too slow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve too slow

Is there another alternative to Jobserve? It's become too slow. The pages take ages to load.

Originally posted by theblonde View Post
    Is there another alternative to Jobserve? It's become too slow. The pages take ages to load.
    I wouldn't leave Jobserve personally, as I got a very good gig off it a few years ago when a suitable advert came up (wasn't on any other sites).

Try installing Firefox, with Adblock Plus, and you can selectively block all the irrelevant ad/analytics/f***book/spy tulip that also comes with a webpage thesedays. Speeds up browsing no end.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Try Google Chrome.

Chrome was written in C++ using Microsoft's WTL for the GUI on Windows platforms .. this means native compilation and speed, speed, speed
      Last edited by SunnyInHades; 31 March 2015, 17:13.

Comment

indeed there is.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Surprised it's slow.

There never seem to be any jobs so it's not exactly doing any heavy lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            Try Google Chrome.

Chrome was written in C++ using Microsoft's WTL for the GUI on Windows platforms .. this means native compilation and speed, speed, speed
            Chrome is a disaster case for speed these days. It is well noted now.

Other than that jobserve's front end is quite simple appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              Try Google Chrome.

Yeah but it's Windows lol!! Windows and speed... You're having a laugh, he's having a laugh!!! Mind you Linsux no much better...

Comment

All the cool kids are using IT Jobs - The Technical IT Recruitment Job Board at Technojobs UK these days
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The zero cool kids are using https://www.freelance.de
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Yeah but it's Windows lol!! Windows and speed... You're having a laugh, he's having a laugh!!! Mind you Linsux no much better...

Well, the"blonde" and jobserve, that's a laugh right ?
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X