• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gin and Tonic Break Corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gin and Tonic Break Corner

So I only bring this up as a Socio Work Politic thingy but if anyone in the workplace I currently resides has the right to indulge in the consumption of their drug of choice on an hourly basis without it seems any ramifications, why can't I have a G+T at the same intervals in a similarly designated tulipty area around the dumpster bins and share with everyone what's really going on and bitch about the annoying office idiots? Different drug same Sh&t?

So long as your (legal) drug of choice doesn't affect your performance, I don't see a problem.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
      So I only bring this up as a Socio Work Politic thingy but if anyone in the workplace I currently resides has the right to indulge in the consumption of their drug of choice on an hourly basis without it seems any ramifications, why can't I have a G+T at the same intervals in a similarly designated tulipty area around the dumpster bins and share with everyone what's really going on and bitch about the annoying office idiots? Different drug same Sh&t?
      You do. It is here.

Comment

Surprised that's still allowed, my last ClientCo banned smoking on site, during working hours or not, and let it be known that they wouldn't expect staff to stand in front of the gates smoking as it would not be a good image for the company.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
        X