• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The first rule of internet trolling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is never to use your actual name. Which is something my 8 year old daughter has just discovered on Google.

Having been leaving comments on Youtube using her Google account, she decided to insult one of her classmates. Let's call that classmate Suityou03.

So using her MF02 real name, she decided to put against a song 'This song is so dumb, it's almost as dumb as Suityou03'. Even though she'd deleted it, Google never forgets and now having just Googled her own name, she's freaking out.

How long before Google forgets, the comment is 3 months old? What should I so? Ban her from the internet? Agree and say Suityou03 is thick as tulip? Contact Google to remove the Link?

Advice please.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

You should try living in reality for a while.

3-2-1......You're back in the room

Comment

Contact Suityou01 and ask how he managed the episode where Suityou03 was caught watching "something" on the internet a few months ago.

Comment

So it appears it's because she has a Google+ Account. Seems when she uses it, it plasters her name everywhere across the internet.

Google Plus finally ditches its ineffective, dangerous real-name policy.

That'll be the wife who's done that.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Contact Google to remove the Link?

Advice please.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Send us £5 each and we'll all post "almost as dumb as Suityou03". Your daughter's comment will soon drop to page 2. Nobody looks beyond that.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Bit of a lesson really. The main one being 'don't be a bully'.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That'll be the wife who's done that.
                Presumably you would have set up a meet at a service station to sort it all out.

Comment

Is never to use your actual name. Which is something my 8 year old daughter has just discovered on Google.

Having been leaving comments on Youtube using her Google account, she decided to insult one of her classmates. Let's call that classmate Suityou03.

So using her MF02 real name, she decided to put against a song 'This song is so dumb, it's almost as dumb as Suityou03'. Even though she'd deleted it, Google never forgets and now having just Googled her own name, she's freaking out.

How long before Google forgets, the comment is 3 months old? What should I so? Ban her from the internet? Agree and say Suityou03 is thick as tulip? Contact Google to remove the Link?

Advice please.
                  She has learnt a lesson the hard way. Very very tough. Hopefully SY03 has not seen it.

Personally I would contact google. Hopefully the comment will never be seen and it can be forgotten about.

Interesting that when you ask for advice on CUK you have to go through 10 stupid/irrelevant replies before getting anything useful...

Comment

Holding post for Suityou03 sucide And everyone on this thread in daily mail

Match your daughter round to Suityou03 with a present (from her pocket money) and a apology

Comment

Working...
                    X