• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange interviews

This one takes a bit of beating

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4091636.stm

A man who tried to conduct a job interview naked has been sentenced to three years probation and placed on the sex offenders' register.
    Glasgow Sheriff Court was told that Saeed Akbar, a manager at an interpreting and translation company, "had wanted a bit of excitement".

Sheriff Brian Lockhart described the behaviour as "wholly unacceptable".

He heard that Akbar, 35, left the interview room and came back in naked clutching a clipboard.

When the job candidate refused to strip as well, he put his clothes on and attempted to continue the interview as normal, the court was told.

Akbar, from Fife, said: "I wanted a bit of excitement that afternoon, that's purely all it was."

:rollin

He initially told police his strip was a consensual "role play" as part of his "tough interviewing technique".
    Hey, it could happen.

Comment

You never know when you might have to deal with a naked customer.

Comment

He has certainly paid a heavy price for a moment of madness. It does illustrate a double standard. Had the roles been reversed, I can't imagine the police being involved.

Female interviewers, completely starkers... Hey, I'd pay to attend those!

Comment

Working...
        X