• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who won the debate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who won the debate?

Perhaps when SNP are in Westminster in 6-weeks time we can give people in England a voice to.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

According to ComRes, Survation and ICM, it wasn't Sturgeon.

Comment

So what's next now?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        So what's next now?
        Five more weeks of wanting to remove my face with a cheesegrater. Bloody Fixed Term Parliament Act. If this multi-month election campaign is going to become the norm, I'll be looking for a contract overseas in late 2019/early 2020

Comment

I think this may prove to be the more civilised of the debates; having 7 parties there appears to have worked as Dave intended, with most of it consisting of little more than put downs and assertions galore. Ultimately a PR exercise with little substance or focus. So much of it was dominated by the NHS... It's a fair comment that of the past 5 years, 2 have been spent gearing up for the next election, which just aggravates the short termism of it all.

Moving does seem increasingly appealing.
          Last edited by Zero Liability; 2 April 2015, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
            I think this may prove to be the more civilised of the debates; having 7 parties there appears to have worked as Dave intended, with most of it consisting of little more than put downs and assertions galore. Ultimately a PR exercise with little substance or focus. So much of it was dominated by the NHS... It's a fair comment that of the past 5 years, 2 have been spent gearing up for the next election, which just aggravates the short termism of it all.

Moving does seem increasingly appealing.
            Yeah. The next debate carries some risks for Miliband and the last one (Q&A) perhaps for Cameron, but I can't see them altering much. If the polls are even vaguely correct (Tories losing share on 2010, Labour gaining somewhat, Lib Dems losing a lot, SNP gaining a lot), I can't see a multicoloured outcome that isn't a complete bloody mess. The event itself will be quite interesting, but it's fecking tedious getting there.

Comment

New members joining the SNP 5 hours since the debate started

Comment

Sturgeon did well. Mainly because she got a free ride.

Allowed to make snarky comments about (the English politicians) Cameron, Miliband, Clegg and Farage and because the Scotland isn't the main election battleground no one bothered to have a go back.

Farage did throw in scrapping the Barnett formula which hopefully one day soon will wipe the smile off her scrounging face.

Comment

Agreed, had they more time or wherewithal to respond to her, she wouldn't have had such a good showing. I find her and that PC woman obnoxious and patronising. Mostly spouting off feel good platitudes rather than engaging in a frank discussion.

Again it was frustrating that the NHS took up so much of the time when all the parties acknowledge it has issues and are committed to keeping it funded.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X