• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract spam

I thought I had got used to being spammed with contract opportunities that bore no relation to my CV, but I got one that topped the lot: locum doctor in Aberdeenshire.

Out of spite I applied for it: they spam me, I spam them. I seriously hope I don't get this one.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Out of spite I applied for it: they spam me, I spam them. I seriously hope I don't get this one.
    Why not? You'll be fine as long as you can go two or three days without sleep and not make too many mistakes.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I thought I had got used to being spammed with contract opportunities that bore no relation to my CV, but I got one that topped the lot: locum doctor in Aberdeenshire.

I've had a variety of utterly unsuitable roles, locations and of course permy spam, but never a locum medic in Northern Jockland, best of luck with the new career path

Comment

I get quite a few for medical based contracts. It must be a keyword they use that is the same as used in IT.

Comment

It's an easy job. Toss a coin and write a prescription for tranquilisers/the pill/antibiotics/steroids.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            I get quite a few for medical based contracts. It must be a keyword they use that is the same as used in IT.
            Guess the words Scotland/Scottish on your CV translate to 'Snake oil' on the crook's dB ?!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Guess the words Scotland/Scottish on your CV translate to 'Snake oil' on the crook's dB ?!
              Don't think so. It's on my CV that I did work as a snake oil salesman once so maybe that's it

Comment

Working...
              X