• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Probably the most sensible thing a politician has said recently ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the most sensible thing a politician has said recently ...

...is the first part of this clip

Shame, then, that it's not party policy.
    Are you a loser?
    Didn't do too well at school?
    Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
    No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Originally posted by Euler View Post
    ...is the first part of this clip

Shame, then, that it's not party policy.
    All our politicans have to say they love the NHS. That's the law.

The fact that most of them have private health cover is neither here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      All our politicans have to say they love the NHS. That's the law.

Our NHS

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
        Our NHS
        Damn that's my political career over!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          Our NHS
          Damn, schoolboy error. that's my political career over!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            Doesn't everyone who isn't a complete pleb?
            Are you a loser?
            Didn't do too well at school?
            Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
            No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Can't be *rsed to check but don't the French and Australians have duel systems? Basic care is free but some things require private insurance. Seems to work pretty well.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The UK actually has the cheapest system.

If you move to an insurance system you'll probably end up paying more.

The health insurance industry in countries with health insurance systems is pretty huge.

The fact that the UK already spends the least, means no politician other than ones that know they won't be elected, will be pushing for health insurance.

The Germans spend huge amounts of political time trying to reform their systems and have to fight the self interests of insurance companies and hospitals all operating as little profit centres trying to do as much treatment as they possibly can to screw the system.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The UK actually has the cheapest system.

If you move to an insurance system you'll probably end up paying more.

The health insurance industry in countries with health insurance systems is pretty huge.

The fact that the UK already spends the least, means no politician other than ones that know they won't be elected, will be pushing for health insurance.

The Germans spend huge amounts of political time trying to reform their systems and have to fight the self interests of insurance companies and hospitals all operating as little profit centres trying to do as much treatment as they possibly can to screw the system.
                  You need either public or private. Private is better, and a hybrid of the two is worse than both.

Comment

Working...
                  X