• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death Penalty in the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Penalty in the USA

Listening to the news this morning about the case of yet another US prisoner released after his death sentance was overturned, the scary statistic was that there have been 152 exonerations of prisoners on death row in the United States since 1973

List of exonerated death row inmates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

George Junius Stinney, Jr. (October 21, 1929 – June 16, 1944) was, at age 14, the youngest person executed in the United States in the 20th century.

George Stinney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brings a tear to my eye every time.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

250,000 unsolved murders since the 60s.

Comment

Amazed the US still has it. Barbaric really. Not too concerned if major criminals snuff it, good riddance, but a death penalty is going to remove some innocent people too. Convictions rarely have 100% certainty.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why do we trade with them? Or China or any of the others with death penalty...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            If you're poor & black, you're doomed.
            Welsh coal miners ?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You've read/seen the Green Mile?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Amazed the US still has it. Barbaric really. Not too concerned if major criminals snuff it, good riddance, but a death penalty is going to remove some innocent people too. Convictions rarely have 100% certainty.
                On death row they way its a 4.1% error in conviction rate
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Welsh coal miners ?
                  That is their choice of life 'em spongers!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    On death row they way its a 4.1% error in conviction rate
                    I like those odds.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X