• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate adjustment for contracting abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate adjustment for contracting abroad

Hi everyone.

I have an interview next week for a role in Azerbaijan. It's a 6/2 rotation with the '6' being made up of 4 offshore and 2 onshore in Baku. I then have 2 weeks off back in the UK.

What I'm unsure of is how to adjust my rate for working abroad. My day rate in the UK is roughly £500. Usually for the offshore part they'll pay your base rate plus a nominal uplift for being offshore so I'm not too worried about that. It's the base rate which I'm unsure what to aim for on.

Any suggestions? Do people tend to work to a rule of thumb when negotiating this sort of thing?

Cheers everyone.

I usually add 10% if travelling beyond Devizes. That's about my limit for travel.

Comment

Is Azerbaijan in any way unsafe? If it was I'd be adding a huge uplift for this?

Otherwise, I reckon 25% plus extra for hotel costs etc.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X