• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the PC tossers have made everything PC, what will they waste their time on then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the PC tossers have made everything PC, what will they waste their time on then?

Why I'd rather eat worms that renew my National Trust membership

Seems like the dear old NT has been taken over pretty much in the same way as the Girl Guides and no end of other much loved institutions that are synonymous with middle class, small "c" conservative Britain with the appointment of one Dame Helen Ghosh....

As a result of her appointment, Delingpole argues that...

the National Trust had now been hijacked by left-liberal entryists completely out of touch with this once-splendid organisation’s charitable purpose. No longer, it seems, is the National Trust about preserving the glories of the English country house, connecting us with our past and conserving the 775 miles of coastline it owns.

Rather, it has been turned into yet another progressive activist organisation advancing political causes which are irrelevant to – and often inimical to – its charitable remit.
    and...

the organisation is too middle-class and (she) wants to make it “more relevant” to its membership.
    How original!

She wants to move away from country houses and more towards the places like the childhood homes of Paul McCartney and John Lennon .... “It’s things like the Beatles’ houses in Liverpool or back to back houses in Birmingham. And our visitors are absolutely loving them.”
    As he says, "absolutely loving them" says it all

Maybe it's the small "c" conservative thing that many people find attractive about the National Trust, I don't know, but I do wish people like her would just stop meddling with things that aren't broken.
    Last edited by Gumbo Robot; 7 April 2015, 16:47.

The aim is obviously to increase national trust membership, but English heritage are the organisation for the other bits.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hands up who knew what inimical meant without googling...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Ooh,don't be so laconic
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There ain't nothing like a Dame

Oh, I do love to see conservatives up on their high horses! What fun. So Delingpole and Andrew (Hockey Stick Illusion) Montford, are leaving and she's even annoyed Quentin Letts. Bonus.

Excellent! The organisation can only be improved by the departure of these denier dinosaurs, I see both membership and visitor satisfaction are up since she took over.

Where do I join?
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

What has this go to do with being “PC” ?
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                What has this go to do with being “PC” ?
                You have to blame everything you don't like on bring PC on here. Haven't you read the memo?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You have to blame everything you don't like on bring PC on here. Haven't you read the memo?
                  Yep, apparently all ills can be cured by getting a Mac.

Comment

Damn autocorrect

Comment

Working...
                    X