• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

15 minutes of fame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 minutes of fame

In my day job I'm relatively active in writing articles and the press.

One of my contacts writes for the FT.

He is interested in hearing about situations where HMG/HMRC's approach to contractor taxation and perhaps especially s 58 have or will cause real hardship.

Whilst I'm happy to provide the technical background for him (he's no slouch in this area) he does want some "real" stories. Named sources are obviously better than anonymous, but it's really the human story behind the faceless machine that he wants.

If you would like to speak with him, please let me know - PM.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

How much is he paying?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      How much is he paying?

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        So, he wants professional people to give their time for free so he can produce an article that he will be paid for by a multi-million £ company?

Shirley it's only fair to pay people for their time?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          So, he wants professional people to give their time for free so he can produce an article that he will be paid for by a multi-million £ company?

Shirley it's only fair to pay people for their time?
          Or he wants to give you some free publicity in the hope of influencing those seeking your vote this very day.

And stop calling me Shirley.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
          X