• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early for

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early for

Peroni? Well obviously not, but £2.75 for a half pint at Bristol airport. Fook me!!!! £5.50 for a pint!!! I expect the barman to come round and blow me as well for £5.50!

What's the most expensive pint you've had in the UK?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I expect the barman to come round and blow me as well for £5.50!
    sorry FLC is tired out servicing the Easter rush.

£40 in Soho, young thing and got ripped off.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Its an airport, you cannot expect pub prices in there.

These days I dont even bother looking at the cost inside the airport. They are taking advantage of captive audience and selling at ridiculous prices. The liquid ban has also allowed them to sell bottled water at more than a price of petrol.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Peroni? Well obviously not, but £2.75 for a half pint at Bristol airport. Fook me!!!! £5.50 for a pint!!! I expect the barman to come round and blow me as well for £5.50!
        That isn't much for a pint. Oh, sorry forgot that you are a sorry permie arse living on the dole.

Originally posted by vetran
        £40 in Soho, young thing and got ripped off.
        Strip club? Don't quite get how fully grown men fall for that trick

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Its an airport, you cannot expect pub prices in there.

These days I dont even bother looking at the cost inside the airport. They are taking advantage of captive audience and selling at ridiculous prices. The liquid ban has also allowed them to sell bottled water at more than a price of petrol.
          Why? You try and enter the airport fully slothered?

Comment

A pub near the playhouse in edinburgh tried to charge me £6+ for a pint of peroni.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Strip club? Don't quite get how fully grown men fall for that trick
              yep, we weren't we were teenagers visiting Soho for a laugh.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

€1.40 for a glass here in Munich.

Guess if you've hang out in dodgy airports you pay dodgy prices.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

£7 for a 330ml stubby in the Aqua bar in the Shard. Walked past the ground floor on the weekend and there was a queue to get in at 3 in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    A pub near the playhouse in edinburgh tried to charge me £6+ for a pint of peroni.
                    You are brave going to any pub near the playhouse.

Comment

Working...
                    X