• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conveyancing Solicitor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conveyancing Solicitor

Can anyone recommend an online solicitor type for a property purchase, or based on experiences, should these be steered clear of ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Can anyone recommend an online solicitor type for a property purchase, or based on experiences, should these be steered clear of ?
    Nobody that I can necessarily recommend personally (we do have a company we recommend as a firm, who are decent), but I'd say it might be an idea to look for a conveyancer who isn't just an online service but has a good facility to work from distance, purely because in my experience online conveyancers tend not to be much use.

A lot of 'proper' (if I can use that word here!) solicitors now have online portals etc for documents and updates, which make it just as easy to use them at distance rather than simply a conveyancer.

It's a bit like going through a remortgage, you often get a free legal service from the lender, but mostly 'free legal' = 'rubbish'.

Comment

Working...
    X