• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday In France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday In France

We want to hire a chalet/gite in France in August - does anyone have any recommendations of places to stay or location ?

We intend to drive from the UK and are looking for somewhere ideally with a private pool and/or close to beach (but not essential) and also near to local village so we can get our provisions.

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    We want to hire a chalet/gite in France in August - does anyone have any recommendations of places to stay or location ?

We intend to drive from the UK and are looking for somewhere ideally with a private pool and/or close to beach (but not essential) and also near to local village so we can get our provisions.
    St Jean De Luz - wonderful place, bags of Basque character & a great beach. Used to go there on my family holidays as a kid back in the 1970s & I was very happy to see that all the old cafes, bars & family firms were still in operation.

Untouched by globalisation, in other words.

Pyrenees very close, Biarritz is nearby too. You can also drive across the border to Pamplona for an easy day trip.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Are you ok to live with the French?

Try Holidaylettings, Homeaway and Ownersdirect.

Comment

I see. Dordogne is fantastic!

Comment

Working...
        X