• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

3 weeks left on my current gig, no extension offer incoming so started to answer the phone rather than ignore it. As luck would have it, the gig I came a close second too last year, ring me out of the blue and ask me to interview again.

Just been offered a year’s contract on a rate I never thought possible. Over the moon to put it mildly. I know nothing is done until day one, with signed contract but hopeful.

It’s adds about 40 mins a day to my commute but I am not complaining.

My current gig might pull a “Hail Mary” and offer me something but it would have to be pretty special to match this.

This will be my 5th gig, and what I found this time, was using your previous contract contacts is a massive resource. I have/had interest from 3 of my previous client which may well have led to a solid lead. Moral of the story is keep in touch with your old hiring managers on good terms if possible.

Congrats
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Comment

Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Keep in touch with the old hiring manager, or or the old agent ?

Also, who called you, the agent or the client ?

Congrats also.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Keep in touch with the old hiring manager, or or the old agent ?

Also, who called you, the agent or the client ?

Congrats also.
            In this case it was the Agent as the gig I got, I just missed out on last year. But both really, I had expressions of interest from a previous hiring manager.

Comment

Comment

I have had return business through an agent, and through different agents (same client), but I don't call previous clients direct. Anybody do that ? Did it work ?

Comment

Agreed, I have good contact with several previous hiring managers, and a few (of the good ones) agents
                  latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X