• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hire car insurance advice please..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hire car insurance advice please..

Hi,

I got a hire car for a week, any advice on insurance providers.? I was told by Enterprise that excess is £1000 and offered cover to reduce it to £100 by paying nearly 1.5 times the actual hire cost..!!

Couldn't see any mainstream hire car insurance options.. Any advice/ experience on hire car insurance highly appreciated. thanks.

NB. My regular car insurance doesn't cover hire car.

try here
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I just took a car on the continent

normal insurance with 1k excess cost £105

insurance with 0 excess cost £285

Having met a few Polish lorry drivers on previous occasions, I got the £285
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        eek,
        thanks I know Google search gives results based on who paid most to get there! I was looking for some one used this service. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
          eek,
          thanks I know Google search gives results based on who paid most to get there! I was looking for some one used this service. thanks.
          No it doesn't. As long as you ignore ads, which have a bright golden yellow square next to them saying "Ad", the search results are ranked according to quality. Google does not, and never has, changed search result ranking in return for payment.

Comment

Oh, and when I hired a car a couple of months ago (which I was using in the UK only) I used Car Hire Excess Insurance - Direct Car Excess™ - though admittedly I found them via Google. They were offering the best deal I found in the approximately ten minutes I could be bothered wasting on looking. TBH the companies providing this service are all much of a muchness when it comes to covering a week or so's hire within the UK
            Last edited by NickFitz; 11 April 2015, 16:24. Reason: Forgot to smile :-)

Comment

I put 3.5k miles on mine in 2 weeks, plus 3.5k dead flies on the front bumper.

why does no one ever feel sorry for the flies ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Oh, and when I hired a car a couple of months ago (which I was using in the UK only) I used Car Hire Excess Insurance - Direct Car Excess™ - though admittedly I found them via Google. They were offering the best deal I found in the approximately ten minutes I could be bothered wasting on looking. TBH the companies providing this service are all much of a muchness when it comes to covering a week or so's hire within the UK

Feedback about Dircet Car Excess when people really needed

" only say this because the car company that I attempted to hire the car from would not accept your insurance as 'good enough' for them, so, I effectively have lost the cost of the insurance"

another one..

"when having got there the company would not take the insurance and had to buy there own at a cost of 57euros , and I would please like my money back as it was a waste of time taking yours "

hmm...

"Does not cover the excess from the hire car company as promised. A waste of money.

11-Aug-2014
                Issue in no way resolved! Typical insurance, fine until you need to claim. The supplier claim is correct in one way, we are resolved to the extent that this will be my first and last experience with direct car excess. I shall be taking the car hire insurance in future. More expensive, but more reliable and therefore better value for money."

No for me

Comment

Cheap car hire: £100s off hire & insurance abroad - MSE
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Ohh all of them needs policy started before hire start..I already hired.

Comment

Working...
                    X