• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FoI, Newspapers, and the BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoI, Newspapers, and the BBC

I got a response to the FoI request I made during the Clarkson kerfuffle, asking how many of each newspaper the BBC gets.

So we can finally lay to rest Guido's old one showing that they bought the Grauniad a lot. The figures for 2014 are:

Code:
    Daily Mail	78463
    Times		77167
    Daily Telegraph	75308
    Sun		66202
    The Independent	61339
    Daily Mirror	60528
    Guardian	45672
    Daily Express	42263
    Financial Times	40253
    Daily Star	17988
    As people of a rightwing persuasion have been fond of asserting that the high number of copies of the Grauniad bought in 2010 were indicative of leftwing bias at the Corporation, perhaps they will now start loudly trumpeting the BBC's obvious rightwing inclinations on the basis of these more recent figures

Here's the entire response as a PDF (257KB), also showing figures for Sunday papers.

HTH

UPDATE 2015-05-27: Turns out these figures were incorrect
    Last edited by NickFitz; 27 May 2015, 16:54. Reason: Beeb screwed up the figures…

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I got a response to the FoI request I made during the Clarkson kerfuffle, asking how many of each newspaper the BBC gets.

So we can finally lay to rest Guido's old one showing that they bought the Grauniad a lot. The figures for 2014 are:

Code:
    Daily Mail	78463
    Times		77167
    Daily Telegraph	75308
    Sun		66202
    The Independent	61339
    Daily Mirror	60528
    Guardian	45672
    Daily Express	42263
    Financial Times	40253
    Daily Star	17988
    As people of a rightwing persuasion have been fond of asserting that the high number of copies of the Grauniad bought in 2010 were indicative of leftwing bias at the Corporation, perhaps they will now start loudly trumpeting the BBC's obvious rightwing inclinations on the basis of these more recent figures

Here's the entire response as a PDF (257KB), also showing figures for Sunday papers.

HTH
    this proves nothing.

I did a gig at the beeb and every copy of the Guardian was read by ten people till eventually the print was so faded it was unreadable.
    The mail was used in the bogs for wiping bums on.

FACT
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What the hell do they need all those copies for?

PS You are aware that if we select text below that image over your name and right click we can see it?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        What the hell do they need all those copies for?

PS You are aware that if we select below that image over your name and right click we can see it?
        Yeah, I'm not that bothered, other than that they spelt it wrong - you can just go to the home page of the site and see it anyway

Comment

Yeah, I'm not that bothered, other than that they spelt it wrong - you can just go to the home page of the site and see it anyway
          er...
          if you are not bovvered, why try to hide it in the first place
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            er...
            if you are not bovvered, why try to hide it in the first place
            Because they spelt it wrong, and I don't want to perpetuate the myth that it's spelt that way

Comment

Because they spelt it wrong, and I don't want to perpetuate the myth that it's spelt that way
              don't fret Nike
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

It's scary that they get "interesting" news facts from the Mail.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thinking about this issue for the first time really. In the past, I never really worried too much about the papers till I started to notice the accusations here on this site. 'hey you - your a guardanista' 'daily mail reader - nazi'

It always seemed to me that reading a paper that didn't engage the brain was a bad thing. A left winger not reading the mail is a nut-job and a right winger not checking out the guardian is a Nazi.
                  probably.

I mean, at the end of the day, we can all laugh at the 'jazz hands' and the 'house prices in every article'

it's the people who don't laugh that worry me
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Shouldn't they get these things online now?

Comment

Working...
                    X