• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35: Bare faced Liars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35: Bare faced Liars

From contractorweekly

HMRC, however, are no longer accepting the 'Confirmation of Arrangements' as credible evidence, preferring instead to wheel out the same old, tired and now all too predictable mantra, “the 'Confirmation of Arrangements' document does not replace the necessary fact finding I [compliance officer] am required to undertake as part of this enquiry.”

This is what happened in my case years ago; the CoA I had signed were totally ignored because it didn't suit HMRC. My case ran for 4 years so goodness knows how much it cost to run. It certainly cost me time, effort, money and stress during that time.

Working...
X