• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My agent hasn't asked for my NI number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My agent hasn't asked for my NI number

Does this mean that they're blissfully unaware of the new reporting requirements?

Has anyone else not been asked yet?

Maybe I'll add a poll...
    Yes
    31.58%
    No
    42.11%
    I don't have an agent
    10.53%
    Andyw's mum goes direct
    15.79%

I'm direct at the moment

So, will you give the number if they ask?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I'm direct at the moment

So, will you give the number if they ask?
      Don't think there's a lot of choice is there? They have to provide the information, so it's presumably let them have it or find a new (direct) role.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Don't think there's a lot of choice is there? They have to provide the information, so it's presumably let them have it or find a new (direct) role.
        They don't need it.

**edit** i mean, if they already have your d.o.b and gender - which they had the opportunity to take if they looked at your passport.
        Last edited by SpontaneousOrder; 16 April 2015, 22:50.

Comment

They already had mine, which I gleefully submitted before all this hoo-ha :lol:
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            They don't need it.

**edit** i mean, if they already have your d.o.b and gender - which they had the opportunity to take if they looked at your passport.
            That's true - but that requires joined up thinking!

Comment

Is this all part of the Tory "we will repeal IR35" and let IT contractors get on with making UK PLC richer, with no idiotic HMR&C meddling legislation?

Comment

Working...
              X