• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News about our most favourite non-dodgy agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News about our most favourite non-dodgy agent

Romance 'on hold' for Apprentice couple

Syed Ahmed has been arrested on suspicion of being involved in money laundering

Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry has split from fellow contestant Syed Ahmed only weeks after the pair lost their baby.

They have agreed to go their separate ways, blaming the pain of losing a child and the pressures of fame.

Mr Ahmed said in an interview that he still has feelings for Miss Dewberry, but their romance has been 'put on hold'.

"When you lose a baby, things change. I really don't know why," he said. "It's almost as though you've lost something more than a baby. You've lost a part of your chemistry, too."

Mr Ahmed, 32, had claimed he would like to marry the former supermarket checkout girl. But he said yesterday: "We've tried to support each other. Our relationship has been on and off because of the pressure from the tabloids. It stresses you out."

Miss Dewberry lost the baby in August, just a few months into the pregnancy.

The pair met while battling for a £100,000-a-year job with Sir Alan Sugar in the BBC2 reality TV show last August. Miss Dewberry, 26, won the position.

Mr Ahmed was questioned by police last month on suspicion of money laundering and was handed a suspended jail sentence in July after being caught drink-driving for the fourth time.

------------
    Last edited by AtW; 21 September 2006, 20:34.

Have you watched the American version of this abomination? Caught about 10 minutes of it last night and nearly put my foot through the screen. What to55ers!
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
      Have you watched the American version of this abomination? Caught about 10 minutes of it last night and nearly put my foot through the screen. What to55ers!
      What's the modern equivalent of putting your foot through the screen?

Kicking the panel?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
        I prefer Dragon's Den - but how on earth do these people value their companies. Some of them are so over the top the poor dragon will have retired before he (or she) gets any return on investment.

Mind you I was close on the last one - thought they should go for 30% - they would have but got 25%

Be interesting to see next weeks programme when we see what has happened.

Comment

Working...
        X