• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from Agent....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from Agent....

Just got this....

Hi stek,

I hope you're well. I'm really keen to speak to you about a fantastic job opportunity. Please can you give me a call or let me know the best time / number to reach you?
    Should I get excited?

As I am a Unix Contractor, I reckon it's gonna be Windows Perm for £28k in London.........

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Just got this....

Should I get excited?

As I am a Unix Contractor, I reckon it's gonna be Windows Perm for £28k in London.........
    I hope you have your references to hand.

Comment

I used to get loads for accounts admin assistant £10/hr from one agency. Reckon they just searched everyone on their DB in that area.

After 4-5 I did kick off about this pointing out that searching and spamming on postcode is a bit silly.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Just got this....

Should I get excited?

I get fair few calls for perm jobs - usually £30K. Conversation normally goes:-

Agent: Got cracking job in wales paying great salary.
        Me: Perm I take it? How much?
        Agent: Up to £30K
        Me: No thanks I normally only do contract anyway.
        Agent: Its a good job close to home.
        Me: No thanks.
        Agent: Pension/holidays too.
        Me: No
        Agent: Not interested in perm at all even for a good salary?
        Me: Would have to be very good to be honest. Lets start at £65-70K.
        Agent: Hmmm. You won't get a perm job paying that in Wales.
        Me: EXACTLY.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          I used to get loads for accounts admin assistant £10/hr from one agency. Reckon they just searched everyone on their DB in that area.
          Still better than the dole pays, surely?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

OLE or P-way design engineer - Reading - 6 month contract
            My client is urgently looking for a Pway and OLE design engineer to work out of their Reading office.
            This is to work on a major electrification project
            I've had a couple of these. Turns out OLE means Overhead Line Engineering - i.e. for trains, and not Object Linking and Embedding (i.e. COM) as I probably had on my c.v. 10 years ago.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I've had a couple of these. Turns out OLE means Overhead Line Engineering - i.e. for trains, and not Object Linking and Embedding (i.e. COM) as I probably had on my c.v. 10 years ago.

Think it's Overhead Line Equipment though it's been a long time i.e. Catenary......

P-way is Permanent Way i.e. train tracks...

I did a stint at Railtrack c 1994, even got a PTS certificate - Personal Track Safety. Two day course at Guide Bridge to learn how to walk over railway tracks without injuring yourself. Still, got to 'drive' an English Electric Class 37 forwards and backwards about 30 foot at Southall once, think we were paying £300 a hour to use that loco......

Comment

Best line from a pimp when I queried why he kept sending me emails about junior perm roles that are the opposite end of my skill set and geographical location 'It's a keyword search Pal, I don't have time to look at CVs', so its fine to spam me every day then

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Best line from a pimp when I queried why he kept sending me emails about junior perm roles that are the opposite end of my skill set and geographical location 'It's a keyword search Pal, I don't have time to look at CVs', so its fine to spam me every day then
                  I once emailed an agent back a reply that said "thanks for that, but I have none of those skills that you are looking for".

He sent me a link to a training website instead.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I once emailed an agent back a reply that said "thanks for that, but I have none of those skills that you are looking for".

He sent me a link to a training website instead.
                    Next time I am going to respond by sending him an job advert for a junior salesman at Carphone Warehouse informing him that a keyword search had found him to be 'an excellent match for a high profile role I am recruiting on behalf of my exclusive client'

Comment

Working...
                    X