• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor calculators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor calculators

Can anybody clarify this for me please?

When entering an hourly rate on http://calculator.contractoruk.com/ and then entering the same hourly rate into the calculator on http://www.contractorumbrella.com, the net monthly earnings figures are completely different!

I'm hoping to leave my permie job for a contract, but I'd like to have SOME idea of what a particular hourly rate will net me first!

Thanks

Tell us what your hourly rate is then and we'll tell you

Comment

Number of hours per day can easily be different.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

really !

Comment

I'm pretty sure they both use 37.5 hours per week.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Especially close to a large mass. That's why working next to threaded can be fiscally risky...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The calculator on www.nolongerlimited.com also comes out to roughly the same as contractorumbrella.com..

Comment

You tell 'em hyper: threaded became so rich that they even had to exclude him from Top Rich people of the World to prevent the others being embarrassed by making sure that money from people around him pulled by the gravitational force generated by his lard body. Thank Goodness he is a modest chap, otherwise we'd lose the Sun!

Comment

Pointless !!!!!

If you wont tell us your hourly rate we cant calculate your net income SIMPLE !

Comment

Quite simple really if you look at the breakdown. One is through a limited company as it mentions dividends and distributed profits, the other is through a brollie.

Comment

Working...
                    X