• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I really need an accountant or is it a HMRC requirement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I really need an accountant or is it a HMRC requirement?

Hi,

I have a LTD Co. I do my own VAT returns, run my own PAYE RTI's, do my own book keeping inc. expenses (with are very simple), calculate my own corp tax, etc.

I pay an accountant to basically submit my figures (CT600) for the tax and send the abbreviated accounts to Companies House. Is there any reason why I can't do this. I have a couple of years examples of what they do and it looks straight forward enough, and as I say, it's identical to the figures I give them. Would it ring any bells with HMRC if I do it myself or do they require "official" submissions from accountants? Anyone else do this themselves - seems I can do it all online.

Cheers

You don't 'have' to have an accountant for your company and some people and companies don't.

However with constant changes in legislation and filing requirements it would be strongly recommended.

Comment

Working...
    X