• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longest time with the same client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest time with the same client

What is the longest anyone has worked for the same client? Presumably some of you will have done several years?

This is my longest contract at approaching 18 months (made up of 3 month contracts) and I am getting itchy feet.

I usually bail at 1 year, but I have gotten complacent/lazy this time.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

just finishing after 6 years 7 months. But this was direct work with one client, no agencies, working from home etc. Start a new contract next month.

Comment

19 years. Admittedly it was all over the world at various points for their parent.

Comment

18 months to, and just go another 6 month ext so it will take me too 2yrs, I have itchy feet as well, but the rate is sh*t hot so not leaving

Comment

7 years. Doing this sort of length of contract consistently is the best way to accumulate a bit of cash. Of course this was in the golden years, pre IR35
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            7 years. Doing this sort of length of contract consistently is the best way to accumulate a bit of cash. Of course this was in the golden years, pre IR35

Lots of 'different client' contracting experience then !

Comment

18 months once although have had repeat contracts and chunks of work at home with same clients over years. Six months is more than enough for most of them.

What about shortest contracts? I once got paid a quite large sum (for the engineering sector) for 2 short days work writing a report on something I knew very little about.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                Lots of 'different client' contracting experience then !
                Yes actually as I was doing it for 15 years. But a bird-brained help-desk knob like you wouldn't have a clue...
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  But a bird-brained help-desk knob like you wouldn't have a clue...

You reackon ? well carry on thinking like that, you're starting to p1ss me off now you pompous unoriginal, painful twat !

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                    You reackon ? well carry on thinking like that, you're starting to p1ss me off now you pompous unoriginal, painful twat !
                    Oh diddums....
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X