• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we just rename the site to ContractorUKIP and be done with it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we just rename the site to ContractorUKIP and be done with it?

And how come nobody is being slapped for tagging UKIP on every thread, that's got people in trouble before.

Put your allegiance in your signature and shut up about it already.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

UKIP is only tagged on threads that mention UKIP.

Ukip eyes 22 seats after

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

UKIP is only tagged on threads that mention UKIP.
      Is that because the mods ARE cleaning out the rubbish after all? I've definitely seen it all over the place.

Comment

I watched Nigel Farage being interviewed by "metropolitan liberal elite" Evan Davis. Farage did not look very relaxed. Davis tried very hard to get Farage cornered into saying something racist. By saying UK wanted commonwealth skills from India () and Australia () instead of eastern Europe () he neatly sidestepped the attempt. Davis brought in Mo Farrah in an effort to switch the debate to immigrants and away from immigration - which is what the liberal metropolitan left do to try to kill the debate. Farage simply extolled the virtues of Farah's achievements.

Well done Nige
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Is that because the mods ARE cleaning out the rubbish after all? I've definitely seen it all over the place.
          Obviously not otherwise you would not still be here.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

When the conservatives got in they tightened the rules on immigration and the result:

In 2014 saw a record number of immigrants.

Why?

because there was a record number of open jobs

Immigration is driven by need, UKIP won't change that. If there are no jobs they go home or don't come in the first place.

If the hospital don't have staff then voters bang on the politicians doors, if companies can't get staff the voters bang on politicians doors, if Universities can't get foreign students, they bang on the politicians doors

Immigration is not something you can base a policy on unless retired people don't mind spending their later years picking strawberries.

Voters want to a) to retire early b) have a well staffed NHS c) have shops nearby (as opposed to boarded up buildings) d) leave the country and work elsewhere the result....immigration

That's why immigration has increased even under the Tories, and if they left the EU there would just be an increase from other countries to compensate.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              When the conservatives got in they tightened the rules on immigration and the result:

In 2014 saw a record number of immigrants.

Why?

because there was a record number of open jobs

Immigration is driven by need, UKIP won't change that. If there are no jobs they go home or don't come in the first place.

If the hospital don't have staff then voters bang on the politicians doors, if companies can't get staff the voters bang on politicians doors, if Universities can't get foreign students, they bang on the politicians doors

Immigration is not something you can base a policy on unless retired people don't mind spending their later years picking strawberries.

Voters want to a) to retire early b) have a well staffed NHS c) have shops nearby (as opposed to boarded up buildings) d) leave the country and work elsewhere the result....immigration

That's why immigration has increased even under the Tories, and if they left the EU there would just be an increase from other countries to compensate.
              Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Really, we don't know what motivates different immigrants to come to the UK. To find out, we would have to investigate and ask them. Media commentators make sweeping generalizations like "immigration is good for Britain" or "immigration is bad for Britain". Neither is true, they are just ideological positions.

It is a huge area containing many issues on which people have varying, reasonable positions. These should be talked of separately, not bundled into a big, ideological mash-mallow.

Comment

It is an interesting point. Cameron wants to talk up the "jobs miracle" and about clamping down on benefits for immigrants. In the first TV debate, Farage argued that the immigrants weren't primarily coming here for benefits but for jobs. He pretty much said "I don't blame them, I'd do the same in their position" and I think it's a fair point. In the same way people used to travel to London for "streets paved with gold".

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    Amen.
                    yeah....it's great to get on a soap box

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X