• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very annoying colleague

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very annoying colleague

He is driving me insane, i want to kill him. The most annoying man in the world who never stops talking, confusing and frustrating everyone he meets. This is not good in an analysis role. I have to work closely with him and the next two months of this contract are going to drag drag drag. If they offer another extension and he is still here i will be looking elsewhere.

Forum give me some tips on how i can murder him and get away with it

Suity?

Comment

Noise canceling headphones

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        Noise canceling headphones
        Take said headphones and strangle him with the cord, the noise cancellation features means that no one will hear him scream while you slowly choke the life out of him HTH

Comment

Its been a long time since i had to experience such a person this close for this long. I find myself constantly apologising to people about the guy in my team. No one listened to me when i said we shouldnt hire this guy but i have to deal with him.

I trying to smile and keep invoicing but I have become an alcoholic since he started

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
            He is driving me insane, i want to kill him. The most annoying man in the world who never stops talking, confusing and frustrating everyone he meets. This is not good in an analysis role. I have to work closely with him and the next two months of this contract are going to drag drag drag. If they offer another extension and he is still here i will be looking elsewhere.

Forum give me some tips on how i can murder him and get away with it
            What does he go on about that is confusing, or is it just a lot of inconsequential twaddle, about the weather or sport or something?

Maybe if you could narrow down what is annoying about the guy's conversation, you could manage the problem more constructively.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
              Its been a long time since i had to experience such a person this close for this long. I find myself constantly apologising to people about the guy in my team. No one listened to me when i said we shouldnt hire this guy but i have to deal with him.

I trying to smile and keep invoicing but I have become an alcoholic since he started

Have you tried talking to him and telling him he is confusing things, perhaps give him an example? Not saying it's going to work but go to be worth a try.

I once sat down with a manager (when i was perm) to tell him that he kept interrupting me in meetings and confusing things by going off on a tangent. He interrupted me as I was telling him this, which was good as I pointed it out. Anyway I handed my notice in, some battles you can't win.

Comment

his brain doesn't work like normal peoples. You ask a question about a requirement and he goes off on several tangents waffling away for so long that people stop listening. Probably a bit like this thread...

A straightforward answer is impossible not had one in 5 months.

He must die!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Have you tried talking to him and telling him he is confusing things, perhaps give him an example? Not saying it's going to work but go to be worth a try.

I once sat down with a manager (when i was perm) to tell him that he kept interrupting me in meetings and confusing things by going off on a tangent. He interrupted me as I was telling him this, which was good as I pointed it out. Anyway I handed my notice in, some battles you can't win.
                  I have done this on multiple occasions and he talked over me, interrupted me and waffled away. Then carried on as normal, I tried ignoring him but i cant as i need him. Its just very painful haha

Comment

Are you working for a consultancy in a German bank?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X