• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help Please - Managed Service Company Legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Shortly taking up a new contract, but the agency is raising lots of questions about Number of shareholders, who they are, relationship to me and company, and so on. The justification is recent MSC legislation and having to flag up the details.

I have searched the interweb and cannot identify 'recent' legislation - it all appears to goe back to 2007.

For my part I do not operate through an MSC ( or run one either), I do not operate under IR35. I do opoerate through my own limited company and have done so for some years now.

Do I have to provide all the information that is being requested, and to whom will it be flagged up?

Thanks for any help given.

The fact that you say you operate under IR35 makes me a little nervous.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Load of posts about Msc legislation from these boards but they all seem to be from 2007 as well.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...ntractoruk.com

Comment

It's more likely to be an info request under the recent ITEPA amendments.

Comment

Was your Limited Co opened for you? Does it have a name followed by a number?

If the agency has run a credit check on the company and seen that your company is e.g. JoeBlogs324 Ltd and they can also see JoeBlogs1 through to JoeBlogs323 Ltd they would reasonably assume that you were operating through an MSC
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            It's more likely to be an info request under the recent ITEPA amendments.
            That's what I thought as well. That's the only recent change that comes to mind that agencies are being wary about.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              The fact that you say you operate under IR35 makes me a little nervous.
              You know what they mean, so why be obtuse about it?
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                You know what they mean, so why be obtuse about it?
                Actually I don't and pointing out the necessity to be clear is not being obtuse, particularly when it comes to IR35. He could be thinking it doesn't apply to him because he's not under it which is wholly wrong and dangerous thinking.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 23 April 2015, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Actually I don't and pointing out the necessity to be clear is not being obtuse, particularly when it comes to IR35. He could be thinking it doesn't apply to him because he's not under it which is wholly wrong and dangerous thinking.
                  I opted out, so I'm OK
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I opted out, so I'm OK
                    And I gave them my NI number so I'm insured.

Comment

Working...
                    X