• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans?

Its Friday and this weekend is maker faire so I've the joy of taking the Eek Jrs and friends to see people do silly things with electronics....

So while I get bored in far more detail than I ever actually want what are others doing...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

TFA

I was going to build my mega PC but now it seems I am not.

Probably just take it quietly with the kids. SY02 is off out tonight when I get in so I am looking after the kids. They know me so well

Originally posted by SY03
    Dad's looking after us? Awesome, so we get to stay up late, watch movies and eat pizza!!!
    Basically son, yes.

How about you?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

TFA.

Mrs P is running the London Marathon and so all weekend shenanigans will be based around this. I believe Oracleslave is running as well and so good luck to him!

We're heading over to 'that London' tomorrow for registration, check into the hotel, pottering etc then on Sunday I will be pub crawling supporting at strategic points and then trying to work out which one of the 30K sweating heaps is mine.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I believe Oracleslave is running as well and so good luck to him!

Not quite :-)

I ran Paris Marathon 2 weeks ago as my first ever. Was a bit hot but great course and atmosphere. During training I swore I'd be once and done but am now coming round to the idea of doing another one. Good luck to the Mrs and warn her of that invisible wall everyone seems to hit around the 21 mile mark!

This weekend - I am in Istanbul for a go-live.

Comment

TFA

Getting laid! (the Manshack's foundations that is).

I'm abandoning the 4th bedroom and moving to the bottom of the garden away from the screaming kids!

Go Mrs P!!!

When she slacks tell her my father in law used to run them into his late 50s!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good luck to MrsP! Impressive. I will think of her when I'm doing my 5k plod tomorrow morning.

Comment

Good luck to Mrs P!

We're off to London in the morning to see friends, cos it's my birthday tomorrow doncha know.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

TFA

Today - WFH followed by beer in a local'ish pub thats having a beer festival ( and coincidentally has its own brewery as well).
                Tomorrow - Garden centre shopping for plants to go in the big empty space left after we ripped out an overgrown hedge. Then off to see Avengers: Age of Ultron at the pictures.
                Sunday - Not much. Pottering and visiting GMIL then prepping for the return to Client co on Monday.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good luck to Mrs P!!!

Tonght am hopefully going to see the new Avengers film!

Tomorrow: Take the kids to gymnastics and Mrs MUN is going to a first aid course and then a hen night so will find something to do with the kids for the day. Trouble is Micro MUN has chicken pox so cannot go anywhere really. Might invite some people over in the evening to play some board games once the kids are in bed.

Sunday: doze through church and then either finish off the RPG handouts or do some work on the emulator I need to have to test the compiler I am writing!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                  X