• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad credit mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad credit mortgages

Has anyone managed to secure one? I have some historical defaults from before I started contracting. All settled but obviously still on the credit report.

We need to move pretty soon due to some neighbour issues and the arrival of TLD1, I was planning on renting my place out and renting something bigger closer to client co......but it seems no one fancies renting to us due to having a massive dog.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of it?

I was thinking that a bigger deposit may grease the rails.

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
    Has anyone managed to secure one? I have some historical defaults from before I started contracting. All settled but obviously still on the credit report.

We need to move pretty soon due to some neighbour issues and the arrival of TLD1, I was planning on renting my place out and renting something bigger closer to client co......but it seems no one fancies renting to us due to having a massive dog.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of it?

I was thinking that a bigger deposit may grease the rails.

I have never had experience of a massive dog.

my wife may have, I'll ask her
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Try Accord Mortgage - Part of the Yorkshire Building Society
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Defaults or CCJ's ?

One is bad news for getting mortgages - the other is very bad news.

As for the massive dog and renting, try offering a bigger security deposit. As a landlord myself - it doesn't really matter whether it's a Terrier or a Rottweiler - except maybe bigger holes in the garden if the dog likes digging - hence the larger security deposit for returfing etc. if it's really required.

Comment

Defaults, no ccj's. I would offer a greater deposit for a rental but everywhere half decent around here is strictly no pets no matter what.

All in all a bit of a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
            Try Accord Mortgage - Part of the Yorkshire Building Society
            Thanks I will take a look

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
              Defaults, no ccj's. I would offer a greater deposit for a rental but everywhere half decent around here is strictly no pets no matter what.

All in all a bit of a pain in the ass.
              Fairly easily solved....
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Just disguise it as a belly dancer. It wouldn't be the first time...

Comment

How old are the defaults?

If you haven't already take a look at your credit file, just to see if they are still shown on their or if they have dropped off due to the 6 year rule
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They are still on there, about 3 years ago was the last one.

Comment

Working...
                    X