• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed before I even start

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed before I even start

New contract starts tomorrow

Got the schedule the other day, and it's for four months instead of three, yay!

Now if you'll excuse me, I seem to have an early start in the morning, for the first time in four weeks...
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
    New contract starts tomorrow

Got the schedule the other day, and it's for four months instead of three, yay!

Now if you'll excuse me, I seem to have an early start in the morning, for the first time in four weeks...

Comment

Comment

Congrats

Last edited by alreadypacked; 27 April 2015, 06:06. Reason: Should have been 4
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Comment

Thanks to all First day was probably pretty typical for contractors, was able to log in to the network but no access to email account, and not been given login details for the database yet. So lots and lots of induction document reading today!
              • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
              • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Thanks to all First day was probably pretty typical for contractors, was able to log in to the network but no access to email account, and not been given login details for the database yet. So lots and lots of induction document reading today!
                Not a proper contractor, until you are posting the same update on week 6.

HTH
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Comment

I don't think I've ever been able to log in to anything on day 1.

I had one PM ask me on day 1 in the afternoon "have you looked at any of the issues yet?". I had to explain that without a desk, a computer, a login, a URL to the issues log, a URL to the system, and an account being created I was struggling a little bit.

I managed to stretch that out for 7 days before I had all of those things
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X