• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE renewal

Just had my IPSE (formerly PCG+) membership renewal email. Should I or shouldn't I?

Why wouldn't you? Well over a grand's worth of effective and practical cover and benefits for around £250, I see it as a no brainer. YMMV of course.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

IPSE is like any other insurance, you probably begrudgingly pay for it when you don't need it, but when you need it you better have it
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And if you don't renew you can't vote in the CC elections! (Did I mention I'm standing...?)

Comment

If you don't renew they won't cover you for investigations into your previous contracts even though you thought you'd paid at the time to have them covered.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
            Just had my IPSE (formerly PCG+) membership renewal email. Should I or shouldn't I?
            All depends why you joined.

If you see it as an insurance provider then by all accounts you will struggle to get the same cover at a better price.

If you want to be represented by a campaign organisation then you should take a long hard look at what IPSE claims to be interested in (hint IR35 is dead in their eyes) and make up your own mind.

Comment

Yes, you should.

The benefits package alone that IPSE+ gives you would cost you more elsewhere than if you join - illness cover, agency default cover, role not as advertised cover, jury duty cover, business interruption cover.

Whether you like it or not, IPSE is the only organisation that is speaking for contractors - and if you don't like the message that they are sending, the only way you are ever going to influence that is by being a member and letting the board know that you aren't happy.

And the simplest way to do that is to vote in the CC elections for the contractors that you think are closest to what you want the organisation to take - so far I have a list of five candidates (myself included, obviously ) that I'll be voting for when voting opens tomorrow morning, because I think they would be valuable additions to the CC.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                And if you don't renew you can't vote in the CC elections! (Did I mention I'm standing...?)
                I hadn't heard that before. You should have mentioned it.

Is there anyone else you know standing and utterly deserving of your vote?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Why did you renew/sign up last year? What's changed in your opinion other than the name? Do you care about these changes? If so, renew and make your voice heard. If not, just renew for the insurance and other benefits that have only increased since last time.

No brainer IMHO. Oh and make sure you vote for MS and Faq plus anyone else with a candidate statement that you feel represents you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I hadn't heard that before. You should have mentioned it.

Is there anyone else you know standing and utterly deserving of your vote?
                    Me.

Comment

Working...
                    X