• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Mann Terms and Conditions

Want permission to hold your personal data outside the EU, and therefore outside the clutches of data protection legislation, including all the detail needed for security clearance.
    Probably in India
    Any thoughts?
    Also want detail on any gaps, and far more info on each contract than is normal or necessary

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Any thoughts?
    You want the gig, sign the contract; you don't you walk away.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      You want the gig, sign the contract; you don't you walk away.
      Well someone would have to be desparate for a job to comply with that stuff. My cv explains why I didnt work at certain times. If that isnt good enough, they can CRB \ DBS me to see I wasnt at Her Maj's Pleasure.

Im not jumping through hoops for agencies or clients. As for holding your personal data outside the realms of the DPA \ InfoA, not a chance.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

There is certain data they can't hold outside the UK or EU so I wouldn't worry about it.

In regards to knowing about gaps both financial and gov contracts want this information.

Read the form careful and see whether it says employer or mentions self-employment.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 28 April 2015, 18:54.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well where CoolCat is concerned those damn Indians must be out to get him

Comment

Well they are asking more questions than I needed to answer to get security clearance, so in my view they are up their own bums.

Which kinda doesn't fill me with a great deal of faith.

Partly no doubt in a fishing trip through my references too.

Just makes them look sooooo unprofessional.

Comment

Anyone railing against having their data stored offshore that has either...
              • a bank account
              • a store loyalty card
              • a credit card
              • a GP and a medical history
              • any other account with any other UK organisation

and is worried, you are having a laugh, your boat has already sailed on that one

Wanting to know about gaps in a contractor career is another matter, yes for banks and security clearance but anything else a Disclosure cert should be enough if they are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                Anyone railing against having their data stored offshore that has either...
                • a bank account
                • a store loyalty card
                • a credit card
                • a GP and a medical history
                • any other account with any other UK organisation

and is worried, you are having a laugh, your boat has already sailed on that one

Wanting to know about gaps in a contractor career is another matter, yes for banks and security clearance but anything else a Disclosure cert should be enough if they are interested.
                Funnily enough for security clearance its just necessary to tell the truth, for example "I didn't feel like working for a few months, and didn't need the money", where as these clowns want other people to verify this.

Its against data protection act to store personal data outside of the EU, unless you specifically give them permission to do this. Which is why these clowns demand this permission on every interaction.

Comment

Bolshibastard, what do you put to explain your gaps? I never know what to put. Any breaks I choose to have are holidays or I just want to be home doing general stuff nothing specific. So I never put a reason as I I feel it has to be specific.

Comment

Working...
                  X