• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grr parking tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grr parking tickets

Agreed to come in late and stay late today at client to do some out of hours work. Staying overnight here as well.

What I didnt reckon on was no parking at the train station. Usually, when I go in (730) there's tons of spaces - 9am train bugger all space.

In the end it was a case of stick on double yellow or miss the train. Calculating the cost of an hours work missed sitting on the train station and winding the client up by rocking up an hour later its worth taking the hit.

Sympathy please if I get a ticket. (Saying that tons of people seem to park on this road every day - I dont - and never seem to get ticketed)

Surprised that NCP at station was rammed full. £9 a day so for the two days = £18. Rather take my chances at £35 for a parking ticket!

Used to work in city centre. Was about £9 a day to park so I used to park on double yellow. Got a ticket about once every 3 weeks so quids in really. (it was £30 then - its £35 now I think).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

double yellow lines are there for a reason.

No sympathy with serial offenders

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Agreed to come in late and stay late today at client to do some out of hours work. Staying overnight here as well.

What I didnt reckon on was no parking at the train station. Usually, when I go in (730) there's tons of spaces - 9am train bugger all space.

In the end it was a case of stick on double yellow or miss the train. Calculating the cost of an hours work missed sitting on the train station and winding the client up by rocking up an hour later its worth taking the hit.

Sympathy please if I get a ticket. (Saying that tons of people seem to park on this road every day - I dont - and never seem to get ticketed)

Surprised that NCP at station was rammed full. £9 a day so for the two days = £18. Rather take my chances at £35 for a parking ticket!

Used to work in city centre. Was about £9 a day to park so I used to park on double yellow. Got a ticket about once every 3 weeks so quids in really. (it was £30 then - its £35 now I think).
      Could be worse, you may find your car nicked.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Could be worse, you may find your car towed.
        FTFY
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          double yellow lines are there for a reason...
          Often the reason is to make money from motorists.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Beat The Parking Racket | UKIP

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Could be worse, you may find your car towed.
              ftfy
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Jeesus, is your answer to everything 'UKIP', they are not getting in or will have any influence so their policies (designed to pander to the downtrodden masses) are irrelevant!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Often the reason is to make money from motorists.
                  In this case I can't see a problem!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    double yellow lines are there for a reason.

No sympathy with serial offenders
                    Not had ticket for years. Generally dont park on yellow lines.

Surprised to find that its still only £35 (if you pay up within 14 days). Bargain.
                    Like I said, not going to miss an hours billing for that.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X