• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The faff about Death penalty ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The faff about Death penalty ....

Wonder what this noise is all about

If US or Saudi or UAE does it, no one says a word. If Indonesia does it, tulip avalanches tend to fall.

Clearly, these criminals broke the rule of the land with full knowledge of consequences. They used children as mules and tried to make a fortune.

All of a sudden, they become spiritual gurus in the prison preaching tulip. And one tries to "captivate" the world through his drawings.

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

If US or Saudi or UAE does it, no one says a word. If Indonesia does it, tulip avalanches tend to fall.

Clearly, these criminals broke the rule of the land with full knowledge of consequences. They used children as mules and tried to make a fortune.

All of a sudden, they become spiritual gurus in the prison preaching tulip. And one tries to "captivate" the world through his drawings.
    I admit that my sympathy is limited to any loss their families feel as a consequence, I have none for the criminals.

Indonesia makes no bones about the penalty if you're found smuggling drugs, they tried to do it on a large scale, they were caught at it.

Comment

If US or Saudi or UAE does it, no one says a word.
      People complain about KSA doing it all the time. The USA does it pretty rarely.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Slight correction, the USA tries to do it rarely. Often they mess it up causing great pain and suffering. Even down to running out of compounds half way through 's

I am not necessarily against CP but even given the advances made into DNA, there have been so many miscarriages of justice and particularly, many 'fit-ups' with the authorities tampering and manufacturing evidence that I doubt any conviction is ever 100% safe.

Comment

Both the Australian citizens do not seem to be "australian".

Anyway, I think there is an outcry simply due to the fact that they were smuggling drugs. Compared to other crimes which warrant a death penalty in civilised society, like pre meditated murder etc, drug smuggling should attract a lengthy prison sentence at best.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Anyway, I think there is an outcry simply due to the fact that they were smuggling drugs. Compared to other crimes which warrant a death penalty in civilised society, like pre meditated murder etc, drug smuggling should attract a lengthy prison sentence at best.
            Well that's a much larger debate which is heavily influenced by people's individual attitudes to drugs and drug smuggling.

Indonesia (think there's another country or two with the same) makes it very clear that drug smugglers are for the chop irrespective of the nationality of the smugglers. It's not like it's a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Also there is the added diplomatic issue of executing another country's citizens.

Comment

Indonesia needs to start drilling for oil. Or get a nuclear deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Well that's a much larger debate which is heavily influenced by people's individual attitudes to drugs and drug smuggling.

Indonesia (think there's another country or two with the same) makes it very clear that drug smugglers are for the chop irrespective of the nationality of the smugglers. It's not like it's a mystery.
                  There doesn't seem to be a shortage of people willing to risk death to try to smuggle drugs.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

You mean aboriginals ? or White ?

Comment

Working...
                    X