• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how you do customer service as an ISP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how you do customer service as an ISP

BT et al take note. Sometimes things go wrong. This is how you should deal with it.

-

Internet goes out at home. Rang the ISP, call answered after a couple of rings by a real human being.

"Hi, our internet appears to have died, is there a problem?"

"Yes, it's us, someone broke one of our servers. We're fixing it now, give us 5 minutes."

"OK, thats great, thanks!"

Hang up. 5 Mins later it's back.

That's how you do customer service.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    BT et al take note. Sometimes things go wrong. This is how you should deal with it.

-

Internet goes out at home. Rang the ISP, call answered after a couple of rings by a real human being.

"Hi, our internet appears to have died, is there a problem."

"Yes, it's us, someone broke one of our servers. We're fixing it now, give us 5 minutes."

"OK, thats great, thanks!"

Hang up. 5 Mins later it's back.

That's how you do customer service.
    Is that by the company who have the fat bloke in their adverts?
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      Is that by the company who have the fat bloke in their adverts?
      Nope.

Andrews & Arnold. Small independent ISP. Not cheap but worth it for the service and support.
      Last edited by DaveB; 29 April 2015, 14:31.

Comment

Is that the "No Nonsense ISP" from Yorkshire by any chance?

Strangely, they're owned by BT, but don't have any of the MAFIAA forced "blocks" like BT do.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Nope.

Andrews & Arnold. Small independent ISP. Not cheap but worth it for the service and support.
          Did you use the codeword?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Fail!

I'd expect them to notify me if there was a bust server.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Fail!

They did. He got the email 5 minutes after that phonecall.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Fail!

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                They did. He got the email 5 minutes after that phonecall.
                Normally if the line fails I get a text telling me it's gone down, and another when it comes back up.

This was a bigger outage and to be fair they fixed it in less time that it would have taken to craft an email and send it.

They maintain a status page that gives more in depth technical details about whats going on in the network generally, including how they are kicking BT and other providers about service levels etc.

AAISP incident and status page

This is the entry for the outage today

Comment

They maintain a status page that gives more in depth technical details about whats going on in the network generally, including how they are kicking BT and other providers about service levels etc.
                  I bet that's useful when your internet is down.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Normally if the line fails I get a text telling me it's gone down, and another when it comes back up.

This was a bigger outage and to be fair they fixed it in less time that it would have taken to craft an email and send it.

This is the entry for the outage today

To be fair, my ISP does nothing of that sort. Yours sounds like a good, honest, local service.

Comment

Working...
                    X