• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avengers - Age of Ulton - Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avengers - Age of Ulton - Advice Needed

Has anyone seen Age of Ulton yet? I'm well excited to see it and so is MF04 who is only just turned 6. Has anyone seen it, is it suitable for a six year old who likes superheroes, or does he need to be a bit older?

Anyone seen it?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Saw it last weekend with the twins and a friend.

I think its probably too much for a 6 year old (some of the flashback scenes are a bit much). I can't remember anything that would scare a 9/10 year old but 6 is probably too young.

the BBFC has a good list of possible issues AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON | British Board of Film Classification
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I don't think there's anything that's really unsuitable for kids in it but I'm not sure how much a six year old would follow what's going on.

Actually, I'm not sure how much sense it would make to anyone who's not seen the other Marvel movies.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Saw it last weekend with the twins and a friend.

I think its probably too much for a 6 year old (some of the flashback scenes are a bit much). I can't remember anything that would scare a 9/10 year old but 6 is probably too young.

the BBFC has a good list of possible issues AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON | British Board of Film Classification
        WHS - apart from I watched it with my wife, rather than with twins and a friend.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can he sit still for 2 hours as it is quite a long film?
          There is nothing really unsuitable in there tbh.

Although, the complicated bit is ... can you tell me who his favorite characters are?
          As, depending on how he handles things and who he likes, that might be a blocker!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Has anyone seen Age of Ulton yet? I'm well excited to see it and so is MF04 who is only just turned 6. Has anyone seen it, is it suitable for a six year old who likes superheroes, or does he need to be a bit older?

Anyone seen it?
            The child has an alcoholic stay away low on intelligence but high in middle management type for a father who posts on the internet for parenting advice.

I would imagine when he hits counselling in later life a 90 minute super hero film will not be the first issue he raises when they ask him to talk about his childhood.

Fill your boots.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Can he sit still for 2 hours as it is quite a long film?
              There is nothing really unsuitable in there tbh.

Although, the complicated bit is ... can you tell me who his favorite characters are?
              As, depending on how he handles things and who he likes, that might be a blocker!
              Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              The child has an alcoholic stay away low on intelligence but high in middle management type for a father who posts on the internet for parenting advice.

I would imagine when he hits counselling in later life a 90 minute super hero film will not be the first issue he raises when they ask him to talk about his childhood.

Fill your boots.
              I reckon he could just about do two hours.

He loves Superheroes. Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man.
              He hates Irn Bru and kids with pale skin, ginger hair and those who wear skirts.

He may not follow the plot, but he will love the fight scenes. I'm a little worried about bad language though, as he's a sponge and repeats words he hears. He recently used the F word, which I was appalled at. On pushing him, he'd heard it when he was in the car with me and the wife when we'd had that altercation in a car park last month when we had a parking rage incident with some twat in a carpark who told her to '**** off' and I persuaded the said individual back in to his car.

So Minestrone is right. He won't be bringing up Spiderman first during therapy.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He's 6. Just show him the first film on DVD for the 54th time.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I reckon he could just about do two hours.

He loves Superheroes. Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man.
                  He hates Irn Bru and kids with pale skin, ginger hair and those who wear skirts.

He may not follow the plot, but he will love the fight scenes. I'm a little worried about bad language though, as he's a sponge and repeats words he hears. He recently used the F word, which I was appalled at. On pushing him, he'd heard it when he was in the car with me and the wife when we'd had that altercation in a car park last month when we had a parking rage incident with some twat in a carpark who told her to '**** off' and I persuaded the said individual back in to his car.

So Minestrone is right. He won't be bringing up Spiderman first during therapy.
                  In that case he will probably love it. There is not much (maybe any) swearing just lots of comic book style action and one liners.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                  X