• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents & Withheld Numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents & Withheld Numbers

Is it just me or do many agencies withhold their phone numbers?

These days when I get a call and see "unknown" on the screen it's 50/50 whether it's a dodgy PPI scammer or a not-quite-so-dodgy agent wanting to discuss a potential role.

Why do they do it?

Originally posted by Kess View Post

These days when I get a call and see "unknown" on the screen it's 50/50 whether it's a dodgy PPI scammer or a not-quite-so-dodgy agent wanting to discuss a potential role.

Why do they do it?
    Because they have old and tulip phone systems that don't provide caller id details..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Kess View Post

Why do they do it?
      Two mutually exclusive twats in probability

Comment

Many of my clients have withheld numbers which is a right pain in the arse. It's not anything specific to agencies. You are over thinking it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Many of my clients have withheld numbers which is a right pain in the arse. It's not anything specific to agencies. You are over thinking it.
          I can't believe you work with clients on the bread line.

What did you say your day rate was?!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Because they have old and tulip phone systems that don't provide caller id details..
            And, very often, nobody knows how to configure it so it does.

Many years ago I did the online order form for BT's 30-line ISDN product. Even the people at BT sometimes got confused over the difference between Calling Line Identity Presentation, Connected Line Identity Presentation, Calling Line Identity Restriction, and Connected Line Identity Restriction

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Many years ago I did the online order form for BT's 30-line ISDN product. Even the people at BT sometimes got confused over the difference between Calling Line Identity Presentation, Connected Line Identity Presentation, Calling Line Identity Restriction, and Connected Line Identity Restriction

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Out of interest, what is the difference, if there still is any?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X